I read Bleach Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo, and... it's very mid!

Bleach, Vol. 1 (Bleach, #1)Bleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I just finished reading Bleach vol. 1, and... it's very mid! 😅

I read this because of The Manga Squad, a reading group from Goodreads that I am a part of. 📚

I know it is one of the biggest names in Manga and Anime right now, but it felt so stiff and unoriginal. Progressing to future volumes would probably make me enjoy it a little more, but what I had so far was not enough to keep me interested. 😓

The boy sees ghosts trope was not that interesting anymore, at least not how it was executed. The comedy was not funny, and there was even a transphobic joke, which is never the best, but it is shonen manga, so what did I expect? 😣

The ending was even worse with the evil Parakeet. Come on, folks, that was just silly. 🤡

I will not read volume 2, but if you absolutely LOVE Bleach and think it MUST be read over other manga, please let me know your reasons. I'd love to try to understand. 🧐

Happy Saturday to everyone! 🎉🎉

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I read The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski

I read The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker

I read The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches, and it was super cozy!