Fight Club is still one of my favorite books. I am Joe's Complete Lack of Surprise.

Fight ClubFight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of my favorite books ever.

I just finished a reread of Fight Club. The last time I read it was around 2012, and it was already a reread then.

12 years later and I still find it fascinating. It hits all the marks for me.

The first time I got in touch with the story was watching the movie when I was still in high school, and I was so in love with everything about it.

I made horrible decisions in my life because of the cheap philosophy contained in those pages, and I loved every moment and have no regrets.

If you watched the movie, reading the book is still a great experience. Chuck Palahniuk has an incredible writing style that uses language in such a fun way. I love the use of repetition which creates a sense of rhythm and aesthetic throughout the whole book.

The nihilism. The concepts, the ideas of destroying everything to achieve true enlightenment, all this crap has followed me through my entire adult life and resonated within my bones since my teenage years.

I am Joe's Complete Lack of Surprise.

I aged, the book aged, but the connection we have is still real. I have considered this my favorite book for years. After rereading it in 2024, it is definitely back at the top of my list.

Let me know what you think about this book!

His name was Robert Paulson.

Tyler Durden Lives! ๐Ÿงจ

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I read The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski

I read The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker

I read Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin