I read How High We Go in the Dark by Sequoia Nagamatsu

How High We Go in the DarkHow High We Go in the Dark by Sequoia Nagamatsu
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I started liking this book a lot, but then it went downhill.

I recognize it's an excellent book. It just wasn't for me.

I may give a second chance to it. I was interested, but as I entered a very busy time at work, the book suddenly felt like a drag, and I remembered that I wanted to read for fun and not to get bored.

At a certain point, I found myself skimming some of the pages and not feeling fully connected to the book, which I totally already do at work, so I don't want to do that during my reading time.

I was very close to dnf'ing, but then I went and got myself an Audible trial, blasted the audiobook on my headphones as I played The Sims 4 on a lovely apartment in San Mashyuno, and just finished the hell out of it.

Then I realized I hadn't paid enough attention, returned all the chapters, and listened to them again while cooking on 2x speed. The voice actors could barely breathe.

Maybe if I read it at a better moment, it will resonate better.

Also, the book had a lot of tragedy and sadness, which I really don't need right now.

** proceeds to read A Clash of Kings, where there's gore, incest, murder, body mutilation, and much more while gently sipping some tea.**

Sorry! 😅

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I read The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski

I read The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker

I read The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches, and it was super cozy!