I read The Sword of Kaigen by M.L. Wang and I was intrigued!

The Sword of KaigenThe Sword of Kaigen by M.L. Wang
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was not going to give 5 stars to this book, because I had a lot of issues going through the first 60% of it.

There are some poorly executed transitions between timelines in the first few chapters. In the end, the story seemed to open a new arc that would never close...

Still, regardless of its flaws, this is an absolute masterpiece. Very clumsy, but still a masterpiece.

The action is like Avatar: The Last Airbender on steroids. If you liked the concept of elemental bending, you'd see it go to its full extent in this book.

The characters were so real and heavy, and the story was so dark.

Still, the author managed to wrap up the story in a way that warms your heart.

It's impossible to read the book without feeling pissed off at Takeru for the most significant part of the fucking book.

There was no way not to empathize with Misaki after having to put up with Takeru.

I loved the story. It made me incredibly fond of all the characters. I loved being in Takayubi for a while, even though all that shit had happened.

Even though there were some issues, I highly recommend this book!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I read The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski

I read The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker

I read The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches, and it was super cozy!